Our Clubhouse has had a makeover! As soon as we reopen members will be able to come and enjoy and relax after a game.
We’ve redecorated, updated and refurbished.
Our club was founded in 1907. The Clubhouse, or Pavilion as it was called, opened in 1962, replacing the original ‘hut’. It was opened by A.G. Burnett Esq. the son of the founder of Brentwood Lawn Tennis Club. The Architect was F.W. Maitland.
The opening party sounds amazing. An exhibition match with John C. Barnett, British Davis Cup Captain and other ‘leading players’. Afternoon tea was served allowing for ‘inspection’ of the clubhouse. Followed by an evening Celebration Dinner Dance at the Grand Hotel, which comprised of a six course dinner and music from Winston Lee & band, with carriages at 1am.
Our bar was kindly donated by a golf club and originally opened in a small wooden shed in 1969 and incorporated into the main clubhouse in 1970.
We hope that our opening party, which was planned for 2020, is anything as good as 1962’s grand opening! Watch this space.